Why and When Should You Buy an International Sim Card?
You’re all set to make your dream of a world tour come true – bags packed, documents in place, at the airport, and ready to take off.
But more often than not, travellers forget a crucial aspect of travel—data usage.
In today’s day and age, everyone wants to be connected to the internet 24/7. But once you’re back, the only memory that overpowers all others is the ridiculous amount of money you spent on roaming data.
Most data roaming packages are costly. This is why you should take considerable time to research an international sim card, or a global sim card as they call it.
Finding the best international sim card for your needs will save you a lot of money. It will also help you stay in touch with your friends back home.
Why is an International Sim Card Necessary?
As mentioned earlier, when you insert the correct international sim card into your phone, you avoid roaming charges. You can save anywhere between 50-90% on calls, texts, and data.
More benefits of using an international sim card are:
- It saves you from the hassle of having to buy a local sim card each time you enter a new country (if you’re travelling to multiple countries as you would in Europe)
- Some international sim cards let you call your country of origin without incurring long-distance charges.
- Free incoming SMS anywhere in the world (selected providers)
- It isn’t programmed for a specific network. It operates on various networks in different geographic locations. So, international sim cards can work seamlessly in other countries.
The only drawback to using international sim cards on your phone is that your phone needs to be GSM enabled, and it needs to be unlocked. Locked phones are generally programmed for a specific network provider. So, if you try using a global sim card on a locked phone, it will not be able to connect to another rival provider’s network.
When is an international sim required?
Global sim cards have a lot of money-saving potential. But even the best international sim card will not help your case, however, if you don’t research. You must understand under what circumstances you should consider buying one.
Therefore, knowing when to buy an international sim card is essential. It can be summarised as follows:
- You should get an international sim card if you’re travelling to a single country for a short time (for example, two weeks).
- If you are travelling to multiple countries, buying a global sim card is advisable. This saves you the hassle of researching and finding a reliable local sim provider for every location you visit during your trip.
All Ready to go
Opting for an international sim card while travelling worldwide has several advantages. Most importantly, it saves you from paying exorbitant roaming naasongs.net charges, protects you from hidden fees, and keeps you connected to the Internet 24/7!
The best international sim card for any traveller differs according to their requirements. So you must understand where your priorities lie. Do you need more calling services to stay in touch with your loved ones, or do you need data to surf the Internet?
Answering such questions will help you make a well-informed and more satisfying decision.